How do I create a client?
To create a client, go to Contacts ➝ Clients ➝ Add Client ➝ fill the necessary fields ➝ click ‘Save Client’
Client page – data explanation
On the Create/Update Client page, you can keep various details about each client and also choose some default settings.
First, you can choose whether this client is an organization or a private person.
– Client number – internal client number (read more here).
– Default payment terms – set a specific due date which indicates by when this client should pay the invoices and it will become the default invoice option for this client.
– Client logo – the logo or photo of this client will be displayed on estimate/invoice dispute messages or comments.
– Client contacts – includes contact’s first name, last name, email, phone, mobile, fax, salutation (like Mr., Mrs., Ms., Miss, etc.), greeting on emails (dear, etc.), position (member’s position in this company – a field available only for “Organization”), department (where the contact works – again, a field available only for the “Organization” clients).
– Invite contact – the ability to invite this client’s contact (send an invitation email with the login/password to the client profile in your account), available only if you have entered contact’s email address.
Note: It is not mandatory to invite the clients for them to see your invoices. When this check box is checked (see below) the client will receive an e-mail with the PDF Invoice attached. But to pay the invoices online you will need to send the invitation to your client to set up a MoneyPenny account.
Address – the billing and shipping address for this client.
Note: If the checkbox ‘Same as Billing Address’ is checked then for the Delivery Note and Packing Slip we print the client’s address as on the Invoice preview:
Custom fields – these are the additional fields customized by you in “Settings” -> “Preferences”. Each client will also see them through his/her profile. For more details on this topic, please check this article.
Client default settings – includes:
-Default currency (default option for invoices/estimates)
-Default language (invoice/estimate language for this client, documents will be translated automatically if you are using the Default MoneyPenny invoice/estimate template). If you are using the customized template, (the one that you created yourself), then the documents will be in that language you have chosen.
Also, the text of the emails can be customized:
, but the footer will always be in the selected language in the Client Settings:
-Score (additional internal information)
-Your vendor number for this client ( available only for “Organization”)
-Tax number (available only for “Organization”)
-Company registration number (available only for “Organization”)
-Block this client
-Allow cash discount
-Contact ID for Invoice Prefix
-Send payment notification – check this box if you want your client to receive the notifications when the payment was made.
Internal notes – enter any data you need, it won’t be visible to your client.
More about Client settings read here