You can view the expenses’ statuses on the expenses grid:
There are 9 expense statuses, which belongs to 3 groups:
Expense is assigned to a client:
1. Non-billable (The expense will not be included to an invoice)
If the expense is not attached to a client/project or if the expense is attached, but the checkbox ‘Expense is billable’ is unchecked.
2. Unbilled (The expense was assigned to a client but hasn’t been invoiced yet)
The expense is attached to a client/project and the checkbox “Expense is billable” is checked.
3. Billed (The expense was included in an invoice)
If an unbilled expense is attached to an invoice, it becomes ‘billed’. You can attach expenses to the invoice on the “Create Invoice” page (more here).
4. Partial (The invoice with the attached expense is partially paid.)
If the invoice with the attached expense is partially paid.
5. Paid by a client (The invoice with the attached expense is fully paid)
If the invoice with the attached expense is fully paid.
Expense is paid by the company/claimant
6. Unpaid (The expense hasn’t been paid yet)
When the expense isn’t paid by the claimant/company yet.
7. Paid (The expense has already been paid by the company)
When the expense is paid by claimant/company. If the claimant is an employee (the capture data, team member and team leader) then an employee can use the checkbox ‘Paid by me’:
When its the account owner or the admin then they can choose the claimant and use the checkbox ‘Paid by claimant’:
or just press the button ‘Mark as paid’:
Expense is paid by the claimant
8. Not Reimbursed (the expense status is a company related)
When the expense was paid by the claimant but the company hasn’t reimbursed it yet.
9. Reimbursed (the expense status is a company related)
When the expense was paid by the claimant and the company has already reimbursed it. The owner of the company uses the button ‘Mark as reimbursed’ in this case:
Read more here
You can easily filter the expense grid by the different statuses and also if they have a receipt or not. Just click on the right hand side on Show all expenses and then you can select your needed filter out of the dropdown: