Recurring Invoices are invoices that are created automatically with a specific frequency.
zistemo allows you to create a Recurring Invoice Profile that will create and even send out these invoices for you.
Just go to Sales -> Invoices -> Recurring Invoices -> and click ‘Create recurring Invoice’:
On the “Create Recurring Invoice” page you should create an invoice which will be regularly sent – automatically – to your client.
The Conditionally Recurring Invoice Profile consists of multiple fields which will be copied to all recurring invoices and fields related only to a specific profile.
The information which will be showed/copied to invoices will be displayed in the following fields:
– A client, client contacts, client address
– Invoice title
– Payment terms
– Invoice Intro
– More options
– Invoice items table
– Payment options
– Internal Note, Client Note, Terms and Conditions
– Template # – the Number of the Recurring Invoice Profile. To change it, go to Settings -> Number Groups (read more here)
Please pay attention, there is a “Date” field, it will be ignored and only the date ‘First Period’ (see above) is the date of the recurring invoice start. This date will be shown in the created invoice as the creation date of this invoice.
… but the “Delay issues in days” field also does affects the invoice creation date. See below:
– Delay issues in days – this setting is important if your recurring invoices include timesheets. It refers to how many days you need to approve the timesheets that should be included in the invoice. If you will choose, for example, 3 days delay and the ‘First period’ is 19/04 – then the first invoice will be created on 22/04.
– How many – The number of recurring invoices that should be automatically created from this Recurring Profile. Note: you can leave this field empty – in this case, this profile will create an unlimited number of invoices (until you cancel the Recurring Profile).
Also, if a frequency is selected as well as the Delay Days, you’ll get a message explaining when you should expect your next invoice to be sent. So the first period starts 01.11. + 3 days = 04.11.2019 is the next invoice date, see below:
– Perfomance period is in the future – If you mark this option as enable, you can create an reccuring invoice with a perfomance period in the future. For example: You want to charge a “Service Fee” for the next two months. Start date is the 31.10.2019. So the period of performance is: Exact: From 01.11 till 31.12.2019; Next invoice date: 31.10.2019 for the next 2 Months.
– How would you like to create your invoice? – you can choose the first option ‘Create invoice as a draft’ – in this case, the recurring invoices will be created as Proforma Invoices – this invoice will not be sent to your client until you click the send button (more about Proforma Invoices here).
If you choose the ‘Create and Send’ option, then the invoices will be automatically activated and sent to the client:
All the auto-generated invoices through the Recurring Profile will be shown on the Invoices list (Sales -> Invoices):
You can review all invoices linked to this Profile – just go to the Recurring Invoice Profile preview (click on a specific recurring invoice from the Recurring Invoices list) and click ‘Show all invoices’ or ‘Unpaid invoices’ if you only want to find the unpaid invoices, for instance:
Note: If you checked the checkbox “Draft/ProForma Invoices have a separate number” in the settings – this option will not apply to reccuring invoices. There will be no separated number, only the invoice number. More Infos HERE