Create a new task
To create a new task go to, Sales ➝ Products List ➝ My Tasks ➝ Create a Task
On task page you can change the following fields:
– task name
– price without tax – hourly task rate
– price with tax – the final price including taxes – this field becomes available if the tax is applied
– task description – additional info (up to 2000 characters)
– tax – choose tax from the existing list or create additional tax at Settings ➝ Taxes ➝ Add New Tax
– “Task is billable” check-box – mark this check-box if the task is billable. You will then be able to add this task to invoices.
– If non-billable – unmark its check-box and you will not be able to add this task to the invoice.
Create a new item
To create a new item go to, Sales ➝ Products List ➝ My Items ➝ Create an Item
With zistemo, you can easily customize a product description as much as you need, at any time, from its name to its unit price. Go to the “Create an item” page to review and edit any of the following fields:
– Unit – choose from the list or create a new one by entering unit name
– Price without tax – price per unit
– Price with tax – the final price including taxes – this field becomes available if the tax is applied
– Tax – choose tax from the existing list or create additional tax at “Settings” ➝ “Taxes” ➝ “Add New Tax”
– Description – additional info (notes) – up to 2000 characters.
– Product number – internal product number
– Product cost – item cost (internal price).
There’s also the “Tracking inventory” option which will help you keep track of your product stocks. Read more about the Inventory in zistemo here.
Note: You can clone tasks/items via the dropdown on each task/item line.
What’s the difference between tasks and items? Where do I manage them?
A list of your products is available at ‘Sales’ ➝ ‘Products List’ ➝ ‘My Tasks’ or ‘My Items’.
Both tasks and items can be added to an invoice and billed to your client.
Only tasks can be added to projects. Members of staff will be able to log hours to these tasks.
Units of tasks are always ‘hours’ and cannot be changed, while the units of items can be entered and changed by you manually.
Item/Task description formatting
By default, you cannot format your items/task descriptions. But you can switch this feature by going to Settings -> Preferences -> checkbox “Enable the format editor on item/task descriptions”:
Save settings and start to format products descriptions:
– on the Item/Task page:
– on the Invoice page:
Here’s how it will look like on the invoice:
If you will switch off the description formatting, then your formatted descriptions will be displayed with html tags:
But the invoice preview will not be changed (will be displayed with formatting).