Manage and create leave reasons and how they affect the paid or unpaid time. All types of leave (sick, personal, educational) can be easily added and managed here:
The leave rules will be reflected in the ‘Department Calendar’.
- If you want to change or add ‘leave reason’ click on the button ‘add leave time reason’ on the upper right.
- You can ‘activate’ or ‘deactivate’ the leave reasons by simply switching the button. If it’s activated, it will take effect and your staff can choose the leave reason.
- Here you can set if the rules need an approval or not. This can be edited in the setting of the rule.
- If you want to ‘edit’ or ‘delete’ a rule, simply click on the ‘pencil’ to edit or on the ‘x’ to delete it.
Add a new leave type
Choose your preferred ‘Leave Reason’ and choose from the detailed options below.
- This leave type is only available to admin roles -> (Owner, Admin and Department Leader)
- This leave type subtracts days from vacation -> will affect the number of vacation days
- This leave type subtracts hours from flex time account -> Employees can take this leave type, if they want to take a day off, to reduce there overtime on the flex time account
- This leave type is an off-site activity -> (e.g. business trip, customer visit, external training, trade show)
- This leave type requires clock in / clock out
- This leave type has meal allowances (e.g. business trip, external training etc.)
- This leave type is a sick leave
- This leave type requires documentation -> (e.q. doctor’s note, visit reports or training certification)
- This leave type requires a substitution -> If the staff member wants to ‘leave’, they need to be substituted by a colleague
- This leave type needs to be approved
Note: If you create a leave type as off-site activity only (no meal allowance / no clock in/clock out) – the leave type will count as working time. So if your staff-member has a 8 hour work day, this off-site activity will count as a normal 8 hour day and the systems adds it to the attandance balance. If the plan is 0 anyway we will add 8 hrs as our default time. This will happen every day at 01:00 AM at your company timezone. This logic works only for upcoming leaves. It will not work if you add some leaves to past dates.
NOTE: If ‘leave type’ is not “off site activity”, it will be subtracted from the capacity.
When you need to substitute a person and also need a documentation confirming the leave then choose these options:
In this case, if substitution is required, then only a person-substitute can see the message about it, and the creator until it will be approved by the substitutor: